Optiro’s summary of the RSC Resource Reporting Intelligence for 17-23 April 2017.
This is Optiro’s summary of the RSC Resource Reporting Intelligence for 17-23 April 2017.
61 new technical reports were published – this was down by 18 from the previous week:
- 11 were Mineral Resources
- 1 Maiden Resource
- 38 exploration / drilling – this was down by 18 which is their lowest level this year
- 7 previously announce NI43-101 technical reports were filed on SEDAR. These were 4 Resource Estimations and 3 PEAs.
- 0 Environmental reports were published
- 48% of the reports used NI43-101
- 49% used JORC Code
The 2 corrected announcements were:
- Aztec Minerals Corp., their Cervantes project – Supporting Acquisition. Original release date was 14 Feb 2017.
- Transatlantic Mining Corp., their US Grant Mine – PEA clarification. Original relesase date was 12 Dec 2016.
- 20 projects are located in North America – this is down by 12 from last week
- 26 in Oceania – up by 3
- 11 in Africa
- 4 in Europe – up by 3
- 3 in Asia – down by 5
- 4 in South America –down by 3
The project commodity numbers are:
- 35 Gold (down by 16 from last week)
- 15 each for Silver and Copper (each down by 1)
- 11 Zinc (up by 5)
- 9 Lead (up by 3)
- 7 Uranium (up by 7 which is the highest since March this year)
- 6 Lithium
- 3 each for Graphite, Tantalum (up by 2) and Tungsten (up by 2)
- 2 Coal (down by 5)
- 1 Potash (up by 1)
Resource Estimation Report authors since October 2014:
- Globally, Optiro is now the 4th most popular consultancy group for the authoring of Resource Estimation Reports.
Reserve Estimation Report authors since October 2014:
- Globally, Optiro is the 14th most popular consultancy group for the authoring of Reserve Estimation reports.
Top 3 of the most significant drill intersections of the week:
- SolGold Plc., exploration Casabel in Ecuador 946m @ 0.67% Cu, 0.39g/t Au from 668m
- Wallbridge Mining Co., resource definition Fenelon in Canada 7.06m @ 149.08g/t Au from 122.10m
- Barkerville Gold Mines Ltd., resource definition Cariboo Gold Project in Canada 54.4m @ 19.2g/t Au from 243.95m
Top 3 significant drill intersections in April:
- Leagold Mining Corp., mining Los Filos in Mexico 85.90m @ 25.3g/t Au from 585.15m
- UEX Corp., exploration Christie Lake in Canada 11.8m @ 13.96% eU308 from 469.15m
- Osisko Mining Inc., resource definition Windfall Lake in Canada 2.8m @ 585g/t AU from 796.2m
The top 3 most significant drill intersections in 2017 to date:
- Kirkland Lake Gold Ltd, mining Fosterville in Australia 17 Jan 2017: 15.5m @ 1429g/t Ay from 345.55mm
- Cordoba Minerals Corp., resource definition San Matias in Colombia 23 Jan 2017; 00m @ 800.90g/t Au, 88.63g/t Ag, 3.65% Cu, 8.60% Zn from 112m
- Nevsun Resources Ltd., resource definition Timok in Serbia 27 Feb 2017: 256.3m @ 6.0% Cu, 3.79g/t Au from 438.8m
Here is the full RSC Resource Reporting Intelligence report.
Share the Post:
We provide a lot of great technical content for free!
Subscribe here for our podcasts, technical articles and news