Geology for Non-Geologists – Johannesburg
Presenter: Senzeni Mandava – Principal Consultant
Venue: Illovo, Johannesburg.
This 1-day course teaches key geology and resource estimation concepts, how a company progresses a project from early-stage exploration through to a mining reserve, plus the classification and reporting of mineral resources on the stock exchange.
This course has been designed for non-geologists working in, associated with or investing in the mining industry.
Attendees will gain:
- An introduction to the main rock types (igneous, metamorphic and sedimentary)
- An understanding of the structure of the earth
- An introduction to key deposit types, including iron ore, gold, nickel, base metals and bauxite
- An overview of the formation of coal, oil and gas deposits
- An introduction to common drilling and sample methods, and associated risks
- An overview of resource estimation focusing on metalliferous (yielding metal) deposits
- An understanding of public reporting using the relevant reporting codes such as JORC, SAMREC, NI 43-101
- An overview of reading and interpreting reports, as well as key geology and mining terms
- Learn how to interpret geological data
- Interpret mineral resource and exploration results in stock exchange company announcements
Duration (in days)
Price in US Dollars.
In-house /Online or Onsite training is a cost-effective way of getting your whole team trained.
Contact us for further information
Get a quote
- In-pit Crushing and Conveying (IPCC) as a driver of reduced mining costs and reduced emissions
- Supervisor’s Role in the Resource Estimation Workflow
- The Fresh Perspective: Technical Insights to Ignite Inspiration
- Spotlight on Our Team – Danny Tolmer
- An In-depth Look at the Four Key Aspects of Variography