Decision Analysis for Mining Investments – Online course
This Decision Analysis for Mining Investments course is available as Inhouse training, on dates that suit your team.
- Examine the reasons for and causes of poor (and good) decision making in the mining industry
- Create and frame the problem to be solved
- Identify and classify the decisions that need to be made to solve this problem
- Create and analyse a strategy table to understand the alternative scenarios
- Create strategic themes linking the alternative scenarios
- Understand the risks and uncertainties associated with each strategic theme
- Evaluate these themes using the financial modelling template provided
- Compute and assess the key economic measures to help make the decision
The workshop is interactive, with delegate participation and feedback encouraged throughout the day. Techniques are introduced to focus the decision to be made, to analyse alternative scenarios, and to remove bias in the decision-making process. There is a strong emphasis on understanding risk, uncertainty and optionality. The decision making process will be illustrated through the practical hands-on application to the various decisions that need to be made in growing a business.
Throughout the training sessions, there will be practical hands-on exercises on a Minerals Case Study.
Delegates will be provided with the course notes, and all the financial spreadsheets used.
1-day presented as 2 x 3-hour Online sessions
Prices in US$ and exclusive of Taxes
In-house /Online or Onsite training is a cost-effective way of getting your whole team trained. Please email Diana Ross our Training Manager email@example.com for a quote or further information.
- Buyer beware: The need for technical due diligence when evaluating mining asset acquisition
- Application of PhotonAssay™ to Coarse-Gold Mineralisation – The Importance of Rig to Assay Optimisation
- Spotlight on Our Team – Mark Drabble
- What’s new in Supervisor v8.15.2
- Spotlight on Our Team – Matt Mullins