- Transformative leadership role with premier mining consultancy Snowden Optiro –
- Highly skilled, high-profile team to collaborate with –
- Flexible work lifestyle arrangements –
- Attractive salary and incentives –
An exclusive opportunity has become available for a motivated executive-level geologist or mining engineer to join the Snowden Optiro leadership team. Become part of the ‘family’ and collaborate with our consultants who have a reputation for high quality advisory services which has made Snowden Optiro the premier international consulting group that it is today.
At Snowden Optiro you will be sharing your ideas and working with some of the best in the business. Our blend of experience and innovation provides a fantastic working environment with diverse and enjoyable assignments, and a wide range of technical challenges.
We value technical excellence and practical solutions for our clients, and your contribution will help us continue to provide our range of innovative services.
Your role will be to grow a mining advisory and training business for Snowden Optiro in the Americas (both North and South America). You will have the backing of the local Datamine Software group (our parent company), a strong global brand, and the support of our Snowden Optiro team in other regions.
You would be expected to utilise your network to win advisory and training business, as well as build a team (including the utilisation of local Datamine geologists and engineers) to deliver mineral resource estimates, mine plans, technical audits, due diligence and feasibility studies including project management across the mining value chain, mineral asset valuations, and professional development training to the industry.
The role could be based anywhere in the Americas. We would expect you to work autonomously but within our collaborative environment. There will be the opportunity for local and international travel.
The role comes with a competitive salary, with attractive incentives for success, along with flexible working arrangements with a strong focus on maintaining a family friendly lifestyle.
Your skills and experience
To be considered for this role you should have:
- Over 20 years of experience in the mining industry, preferably in geology or mine engineering
- A breadth of experience across a range of commodities and experience in both mine development and production environments
- A broad professional network and strong reputation in the Americas
- Excellent English skills (both written and verbal)
- Spanish, Portuguese and/or French language skills will be well regarded
- Experience in a consulting environment
- Excellent knowledge of international mineral reporting codes such as SK1300, CIM, SAMREC and JORC.
- A strong work ethic and dedication to delivery
- Experience in management and commercial (contract) reviews
- Ability to be considered as a Competent or Qualified Person for a range of commodities will be well regarded
Please note – candidates will not be accepted or considered from third parties or recruitment consultancies.