- Exciting advisory role with premier mining consultancy Snowden Optiro
- Highly skilled, high-profile team to collaborate with
- Flexible work lifestyle arrangements
- Attractive salary and incentives
An exclusive opportunity has become available for a motivated executive or principal-level mining engineer to join the Snowden Optiro team in Australia. Become part of the ‘family’ and collaborate with our consultants who have a reputation for high quality advisory services which have made Snowden Optiro the premier international consulting group that it is today.
At Snowden Optiro you will be sharing your ideas and working with some of the best in the business. Our blend of experience and innovation provides a fantastic working environment with diverse and enjoyable assignments, and a wide range of technical challenges.
We value technical excellence and practical solutions for our clients, and your contribution will help us continue to provide our range of innovative services.
Your role will be to conduct mining advisory and training for Snowden Optiro in Australia and globally. You will manage projects, provide advice to clients, develop business, provide thought leadership in your area of expertise, deliver training courses, and provide internal and external mentoring.
The role could be based anywhere in Australia. We would expect you to work autonomously but within our collaborative environment. There will be the opportunity for local and international travel.
The role comes with a competitive salary, with attractive incentives for success, along with flexible working arrangements with a strong focus on maintaining a family friendly lifestyle.
Your skills and experience
To be considered for this role you should have:
- More than 20 years of mine engineering (or related) experience
- A breadth of experience across a range of commodities and experience in both mine development and production environments
- A broad professional network and strong reputation in Australia
- Excellent English skills (both written and verbal)
- Second language skills would be well regarded
- Experience in a consulting environment
- Excellent knowledge of international mineral reporting codes such as JORC, SK1300, CIM, and SAMREC.
- A strong work ethic and dedication to delivery
- Ability to be considered as a Competent or Qualified Person for a range of commodities,
If you are ready for a challenge and to be part of our motivated, growing team, we would love to hear from you. To be considered for this role, please email your CV and cover letter to Tarrant Elkington at
Please note – candidates will not be accepted or considered from third parties or recruitment consultancies.