EXECUTIVE / PRINCIPAL CONSULTANT – Mine Electrification
An exclusive opportunity has become available for a motivated executive or principal-level engineer to join the Snowden Optiro team as a specialist in mine electrification technology and to drive change as the industry moves to a cleaner energy future. Become part of the Snowden Optiro ‘family’ and collaborate with our consultants who have a reputation for providing high quality advisory services which has made Snowden Optiro the premier international consulting group that it is today.
At Snowden Optiro you will be sharing your ideas and working with some of the best in the business. Our blend of experience and innovation provides a fantastic working environment with highly enjoyable and diverse geographic and commodity assignments, together with a wide range of technical challenges.
We value technical excellence and practical solutions for our clients, and your contribution will help us continue to provide our range of innovative services.
Your role will be to lead the mining advisory services and training courses for Snowden Optiro in the electrification of mining operations. You will advise the industry on the types of mine electrification opportunities that exist and where they are applied to best effect in terms of cost and emissions savings and efficiency gains. You will manage projects, provide advice to clients, develop business, provide thought leadership in your area of expertise, deliver training courses, and provide internal and external mentoring.
The role could be based anywhere in the world. We would expect you to work autonomously but within our collaborative environment. There will be the expectation of local and international travel.
The role comes with a competitive salary, with attractive incentives for success, along with flexible working arrangements with a strong focus on maintaining a family friendly lifestyle.
Your skills and experience
To be considered for this role should have:
- Over 20 years of experience in the mining industry.
- Considerable experience in all facets of mine electrification, plus some of the following technologies: in-pit crushing and conveying, trolley assist, battery driven mining equipment, electrical mining equipment and/or autonomous mining.
- A breadth of experience across a range of commodities and experience in both mine development and production environments would be highly valued
- Strong techno-economic analysis skills
- A broad professional network and strong reputation
- Excellent English skills (both written and verbal)
- Second language skills would be well regarded
- Previous experience in a consulting environment would be beneficial
- A strong work ethic and dedication to delivery
If you are ready for a challenge and to be part of our motivated, growing team, we would love to hear from you. To be considered for this role, please email your CV and cover letter to Tarrant Elkington at
Please note – candidates will not be accepted or considered from third parties or recruitment consultancies.