This 19-part self-paced Surpac Fundamentals video series will provide you with the skills you need to start using Surpac.
These training videos do not require you to have any prior knowledge of Surpac – but you will need a working copy of Surpac for the practical work.
What you will learn:
- about the components of the Surpac interface, and how to customise them to your needs
- about the structure and use of Surpac’s data types (e.g. string files, DTMs)
- how to use the graphics environment to display, create and modify string and DTM data
- how to report volumes of DTM surfaces and solid models (wireframes)
- how to create contours from DTM surfaces
- how to work with and display data in a geological database
- how to create and use planes
- how to create and use macros
These concepts are reinforced through practical activities, all of which involve using Surpac on a real-life data set.
You have 6 choices – ranging from buying a single video to buying all 19 videos with 3 months access to them.
Rowdy Bristol BSc (Construction Engineering), AAS (Land Surveying), MSc (Geological Engineering/Geostatistics), Post Grad Dip Computing.
Rowdy is a geologist, engineer and surveyor with postgraduate qualifications in geostatistics, and computing. He has worked as a mine geologist, engineer and surveyor, and has more than 22 years’ worldwide experience in the mining industry. Rowdy has trained geologists, engineers, and surveyors in the use of Surpac software at underground and open pit mines covering all major commodities. Rowdy’s skills are in resource evaluation, geostatistics, training, mine geology, engineering, and surveying.
Please see our Online Surpac Fundamentals training page for more details.